Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Time For Work and Time For Play

I love working a split shift. Why? Because I have time in the middle of my workday to go and sit with my stitchin' friends and chat and stitch and bitch and drink weird coffee drinks. For three hours I get to do this! Twice a week! And because I'm working those crazy-long ten hour days I GET FRIDAYS OFF!!!!!!!!!! That equals a three-day weekend EVERY weekend! Now that is just boss!!!!

So today was one of those great stitch-n-bitch days. We talked about the crazy but cute-as-can-be baby blanket that required something close to a million circular needles to work; the cutest darn project bags ever and how they net some of us (this would be you Alicia; see http://www.brentandalicia.blogspot.com) some great yarn on those nutso Ravelry swaps (go check her etsy store and you too can have a bag!); how some of us just walk in and employees simply hand them drinks like they are regulars or something (Maggie, I KNOW I didn't see you walk in and order that drink); and the podcast addictions of some others (namely myself).

So, in my last post I admitted to my podcast addiction. And, silly me, I asked for some knitting podcast suggestions. Well, in some people's (M's!!) attempts to enable me in my addiction, I received a couple of great suggestions. But, as podcasts will want to do, one or two knitting podcasts have multiplied like tribbles (remember Star Trek?). I have added SEVEN more podcasts to my list and they are all about knitting, or in the case of one, about all kinds of crafting. At the request of Alicia, here's a list of the ones I added. Sorry I don't have links to these, but I use itunes and just do a search using the titles.

Sticks and String
CraftyPod - the podcast that's all about making stuff
Knit Naturally
Knit Obsession with zknits
Knittingatnight's Podcast
Stitch it!
It's a Purl, man

Check them out. They are all pretty good.

No comments: