Thursday, September 4, 2008

BYOB - Bring Your Own Bag!

Paper or plastic? Neither, please! Eco-friendly bags are lightweight, reusable, inexpensive, roomy and strong. And I mean roomy and strong - a typical grocery trip for me used to be 20 to 30 plastic bags. The same amount of groceries uses 10 canvas bags. WAY fewer trips from the car to the house! Seriously, 1 canvas bag holds SIX 2-liter bottles of soda!


















Don't like the bags you can buy at the grocery store? Want some really cool ones? Go online and get some! I like this web store: http://www.reusablebags.com/. I purchase my kitchen trash bags (totally compostable), my doggie poop bags (totally compostable), wraps for my lunches (no ziplocks necessary and my sandwich bread stays soft), and other fun stuff like my canvas/net shopping bags that are good for the environment not for trashing it! There is also tons of information on this web site - ways in which you too can help save our earth for our kids and grandkids.

1 comment:

Acorn to Oak said...

That's a great website. Thanks for sharing.

I've been trying to re-use bags on grocery store trips and I'm getting better and better about remembering to take them. It always feels so great when I do. :-)

I've even started making some. I knitted one recently that I used yesterday. It was fun to make and fun to use. :-)

Packaging on products drives me crazy too...but that's a whole new topic.

Happy BYOB'ing! :-)