Wednesday, January 21, 2009

It's Been Awhile - Missed Me?

I know. I missed you too. But I had all that Christmas knitting to do, and it didn't leave much time for blogging. Enough excuses.

This is my newest information:

The Argentines (who clearly loooove cows) have outfitted some of their bovine friends with methane-capturing backpacks in this season's go-to color, hot pink. Argentina figures that up to 30% of its total greenhouse gas emissions come from the country's 55 million cows (an average cow produces about 30 cubic feet of emissions a day). Currently they've got 10 cows in the program - imagine the possibilities if the US got their dairies involved in this. We could have some red-white-blue backpacks! Oh Yes We Can!

1 comment:

Niki Crane said...

Seriously....that's awesome. I love something good for the environment and hilarious all in one glorious package!